In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Burning Down the House.”
There are a few things that I cannot live without, some things that hold very dear memories and some that I am just attached to. If my house does catch fire (gods forbid), I would probably reach for 5 of these things.
1. My watch- It’s been something that I haven’t been able to figure out, but I just cannot step out of my house without a watch on my wrist. I feel naked, exposed, vulnerable without having the comfort of knowing time with a flick of my hand.
2. My file- which includes certificates and important documents, my cherished Russian book, some letters and cards and my diary.
3. Water bottle- because running out of a burning house is going to leave you parched for sure!
4. Clothes-This is a no-brainer. What if the ones I’m wearing get burnt?!
5. Books! As many books that I can carry with all the other remaining things!!!
It is really hard to leave out some of the other things (notably my phone, on which I am typing this post) I think these are definitely the 5 things I would reach for 1st.